Friday, June 24, 2011

The Great Summer Plans of 2011

Whenever life knocks me down I tend to retreat, give up, hide from those who care about me. I shut down.
I am done with that. No one on this planet is worth me losing more months of my life than I already have. To that end...

The Great Summer Plans of 2011:

The YMCA and I are going to become best friends again. I'm going to drag my kids with me unless they are at work. My ultimate goal: 5 mornings a week. This time around I need to lose my fear of the weight room. Maybe I'll save up and get a session or two with a personal trainer. I felt really good - both mentally & physically when I was doing my 5k a day last year. I want to get back there.

Start our homeschooling year the first week of August. I still haven't decided yet whether I am going to homeschool this fall or not. I figure starting a month before public school starts will give me an indication of how things will go - and plenty of time to enroll J if that is the better decision.

Sign up for a distance ed course from Ryerson University. This is scary and exciting all at once!

Get my G1 *BEFORE* August 24th. There's no way my oldest daughter can learn to drive before me! Not sure what to do about the actual learning to drive part now but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Spend more time with the girls. I hardly see them all school year. I really want to connect with them this summer.

Read. I have a very long list of books I want to work through.

Spend time with friends. Quit hiding at home and enjoy people again. I need to kick my anxiety in the butt and get out into the world.

Life is not going to flatten me again. Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan, Andra! I need to join you in that weight room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll commit to the gym, too. Three mornings a week, unless we're away. In. I. am. in.

    Andra, this is the BEST post and a great plan!! Go, you for not letting life get away from you!

    M'wah!

    xo

    ReplyDelete