Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nixing the Negative Nelly

Negative people suck the life out of me. You know the type? Always complaining, always commenting - almost always something negative? I fear I am becoming one of those people. I am going to change that.
Trying to figure out my plan to change it. I want to reframe experiences and thoughts and phrase them in ways that are accurate but not negative.

Perhaps I'll start by committing to the "say three positives before saying a negative" my mom always insisted on when we were children. That helps for what I say... but I'm not sure how to turn off the negativity that is in my head. I tend to go to sad and dark places when I'm alone with my thoughts. How do I break that cycle?

Tonight I am really struggling with staying positive (or at least not negative.) I am home alone. No kids, no boyfriend, no friends. There is no one here but me. I feel sad and suffocated by the "alone" but I am trying to reframe it. It.is.hard. I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I guess for now I will grab a snack and turn on a movie and wait for another day to come up with a plan for these difficult nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment