Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Change


I have been putting a lot of effort into changing my behaviour, changing my patterns and choosing better. What a difference that makes! 


Day to day life is essentially the same: I am still a single mama of five kids, I am often overwhelmed by the weight that is on my shoulders, there are still money problems, the house is often a mess... I could go on and on. Instead of letting it defeat me I have been making a concerted effort not to let it crush me.
What a difference choices and attitude make!


The Littles are loving the new arrangement of more equal time between Daddy and Mommy's houses.  Accepting that I am not SuperWoman and I don't have to be has empowered me to enjoy the time I have with the Littles and enjoy the time when they are with Daddy. Jaron loves school. Yesterday halfway to school he looked at me and said "Do you see my smile getting bigger? That is because the excitement grows inside me as we get closer to school!" What a difference a few months makes!


I think the most significant change in the last few weeks has been in the way I have decided to let people treat me. I have made a conscious decision to put myself "behind glass" as explained in a Facebook status I stole:


I was reminded of something important today: If you're not being treated with love and respect, check your price tag. Perhaps you've marked yourself down. It's YOU who tells people what you're worth by what you accept. Get off the clearance rack and get behind the glass where they keep the valuables! LEARN to value yourself… more! If you don't, no one else will


It took me about 35 years but I finally see that I am the one who decides how people get to treat me. I am the one who will make the choices in my life. I am strong enough to weather whatever life throws at me (and no God, that is not a challenge thank you very much!!) I have the strength to work through trials, I have the strength to walk away from anyone who doesn't treat me like the amazing person I am. I am capable of thinking things through and making decisions. I am worth it all darnit! At times I get lost in a swirl of "Look at all the pain I've allowed, look at all the time I wasted!" but I stop the thoughts and accept I cannot change the past but I can change the present and the future!


Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! And you're even wearing floral prints. My, you are getting positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know what I think of going into public not wearing all black.

    ReplyDelete